An excellent opportunity has arisen at Maxwell Hodge for a full time experienced Secretarial Assistant to join our Family Team.
The position will be based at our Maghull Office: 37-39 Liverpool Road North, L31 2HB.
We are seeking applications from candidates who have general secretarial and administration skills to assist Fee Earners with legal work in relation to Family Law (including divorce, children and financial issues). The successful candidate will therefore need to be organised, caring, have the ability to multitask and be proactive.
- Attend upon clients and others in person and by telephone to take instructions and information.
- Open new files on the case management system and prepare initial client care documentation.
- Type dictated letters, documents and notes.
- Obtain ID from clients and complete ID checks in accordance with Anti-Money Laundering Procedures.
- Liaise with third parties such as Counsel, Counsel’s clerk, the Court.
- Organise conferences/hearings.
- Assist with progression of matters such as general chasers for documents.
- Prepare and send costs information, updates and assist with preparing bills.
- Monitor, and chase, costs.
- General administration duties such as scanning post onto the system.
Previous secretarial/assistant experience is required.
Job Type and Hours
Permanent, Full-time (9am to 5.15pm Monday-Thursday and 9am to 5pm on a Friday)
About Maxwell Hodge
Maxwell Hodge is an independent firm of solicitors with 8 offices across Merseyside and Wirral. We were established over 150 years ago and our focus is on providing the best legal service and advice for our clients. With a solid reputation, well ingrained in the local community, we offer an excellent working environment.
If you are interested in joining our team, please send your CV and covering letter detailing availability and desired salary to email@example.com for immediate consideration.
We look forward to hearing from you.