An excellent opportunity has arisen at Maxwell Hodge for a full time Conveyancing Assistant to join our Property Team.
The position will be based at our Formby Office working 9am to 5.15pm Monday to Friday. Salary is negotiable depending on experience.
We are seeking applications from candidates who ideally have at least 2 years’ experience of Residential Conveyancing as the successful candidate will require the skills and knowledge to work independently on files. To achieve this, the successful candidate will have a genuine interest in Residential Conveyancing, be able to work in a team, as well as independently, and have strong communication skills.
In addition, we are seeking candidates who have effective time management skills to prioritise work and meet deadlines. Candidates will also have effective administration skills and strong attention to detail.
Main purpose of job: to work closely with the Property Solicitor at our Formby Office to provide an efficient and quality service to clients.
- Provide a caring, friendly and efficient service.
- Attend upon clients and others in person and by telephone to take instructions.
- Take initial telephone calls from prospective clients and prepare and send quotes.
- Open new files on the case management system and prepare initial client care documentation.
- Order searches on properties.
- Obtain ID from clients and complete ID checks in accordance with Anti-Money Laundering Procedures.
- Liaise with third parties such as estate agents, solicitors, management companies as and when required.
- Advise clients and keep them informed throughout the duration of their matter.
- Main point of contact for clients and third parties, with the ability to deal with routine queries independent of the Fee Earner.
- Assisting with completions including posting client monies to the matter ledger and keeping the chain(s) updated.
- Undertaking post-completion tasks such as SDLT submissions and Land Registry applications.
- Action next steps in the Solcase Case Management System and assist with progression of matters such as general chasers to the other side.
- General administration duties such as scanning post onto the system.
- Flexibility to work at any other office and assist other Fee Earners, as and when required.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties. You will be expected to perform different tasks as necessary to fulfil your role and to help meet overall business aims and objectives.
About Maxwell Hodge
Maxwell Hodge is an independent firm of solicitors with 8 offices across Merseyside and Wirral. We were established over 150 years ago and our focus is on providing the best legal service and advice for our clients. With a solid reputation, well ingrained in the local community, we offer an excellent working environment.
If you are interested in joining our team, please send your CV and covering letter detailing availability and desired salary to email@example.com for immediate consideration.
We look forward to hearing from you.