Getting Organised (Legally speaking!) with Maxwell Hodge
Merseyside and Wirral Solicitors, Maxwell Hodge, nominated Adam French, a trainee Legal Executive at their Maghull branch, for the Workplace Hero category of the St John Ambulance Everyday Heroes Awards after he had successfully performed CPR on a gentleman who had suffered a cardiac arrest whilst visiting their office.
Justice Secretary David Gauke announced last weekend that the government will undertake a consultation on the issue of no fault Divorce.
Legal reform for unmarried couples is slow in coming.
The judgement in the recent Supreme Court Appeal case of Owens and Owens was not what many people hoped for.
An excellent opportunity has arisen at Maxwell Hodge for a fulltime Residential Conveyancer to join our Property Team.
Under the Protection from Harassment Act 1997 it is a criminal offence for someone to Harass you. The act also creates a civil cause of action for individuals who are subject to Harassment.
Clients often have questions about Lasting Powers of Attorney (LPA) – they may not be entirely clear what a LPA is, why one might be needed and when they should apply for one.
- 96% of people in the North West leave important health and welfare decisions to chance
- By 2025, more than 13 million people who are at risk of mental incapacity will not be prepared
- 73% would like a family member to make medical and care decisions on their behalf, in the event of mental incapacity
- 78% haven’t discussed end of life medical and care wishes
- 40% admit to having made no provisions at all, such as a will, LPA, pension or funeral plan
- Coalition of partners join forces to warn of ‘incapacity crisis’ led by SFE, including Baroness Ilora Finlay, Alzheimer’s Society, Dying Matters, Age UK, Anchor, and SOLLA