• Assistant—Property Team
• Permanent, full time
• 36 hours per week
• 9am to 5.15pm Monday-Thursday
• 9am to 5pm on a Friday
Experience: Must have at least 12 months experience in conveyancing (e.g. you already work as a Conveyancing Secretary/Assistant or work in an estate agent).
• Huyton or Woolton Office
An excellent opportunity has arisen at Maxwell Hodge for a Conveyancing Assistant to join our Property Team.
The successful candidate will require effective time management skills to prioritise work and meet deadlines, as well as strong administration skills and strong attention to detail. The successful candidate will also require strong communication skills to liaise with clients and third parties on a day-to-day basis.
Previous experience in conveyancing is advantageous.
• Attend upon clients and others in person and by telephone to take instructions.
• Take initial telephone calls from prospective clients, prepare, and send quotes.
• Order searches on properties.
• Obtain ID from clients and complete ID checks.
• Liaise with third parties such as estate agents, solicitors, management companies.
• Advise clients and keep them informed throughout the duration of their matter.
• Undertake post-completion tasks such as SDLT submissions and Land Registry applications.
• Assist the Fee Earner with general matter progression.
• General administration duties such as scanning post onto the system.
• Flexibility to work at any other office and assist other Fee Earners, as and when required.
Salary and Benefits
The salary for this role is up to £22,000 per annum depending on experience.
Annual holiday entitlement in a full calendar year is 20 days, increasing yearly to 25 days by 5 years’ service. This is in addition to bank holidays and an extra 3 days to be used between Christmas and New Year.
Some of the benefits offered by Maxwell Hodge include: Social and wellbeing events; Birthday Leave; Company sick pay and Dependant’s Leave.
We also have the standard company pension in place, which employees are automatically enrolled into after 3 months. In addition, salaries are reviewed annually and employees can benefit from different reward and recognition incentives throughout the year.
As a company, we are committed to providing employees with meaningful opportunities and therefore welcome applications from those looking for prospects of career development.
About Maxwell Hodge
Maxwell Hodge is an independent firm of solicitors with 7 offices across Merseyside and Wirral. We were established over 150 years ago and our focus is on providing the best legal service and advice for our clients. With a solid reputation, well ingrained in the local community, we offer an excellent working environment.
If you are interested in joining our team, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you.