Our team are experienced in advising on a variety of civil disputes and litigation and prepared to fight your corner, achieving the best and speediest result that is right for you.
Our experts can act for individuals and businesses in the following areas.
SERVICES FOR INDIVIDUALS
Professional Negligence and Disputes with Professional Bodies
If you have employed the services of someone in a professional field but feel dissatisfied with the level of service provided to you, we can help. You may be able to claim compensation if the service fell below an acceptable standard and you suffered loss as a result. Examples of those professionals include:
- Surveyors and Architects
- Financial Advisors
Inheritance and Will Disputes
No matter how carefully we plan for the future, disputes over inheritance or a person’s Will can still arise. We can help you with:
- Disputes between Executors/Trustees and Beneficiaries
- Improper conduct of Executors or Trustees and their replacement or removal
- Disputes over the terms of a will
- Concerns over whether a deceased person had capacity to make their will
- Invalid wills
- Inheritance claims (including lack of financial provision)
- Lost or Destroyed wills
- Your entitlement when a deceased person has not left a will
Property, Land and Landlord/Tenant Disputes
We can help with:
- Disputes relating to financial or other interest in land or property
- Non payment of rent
- Section 8 and Section 21 Notices to remove unwanted tenants
- Claims for Landlord’s failure to repair
- Deposit disputes
- Recovery of land from Unlawful Occupiers or squatters
- Land and boundary disputes
Other Litigation Services for Individuals:
- Debt recovery services for individuals
- Assisting you with preparing documents and court papers during your claim
- Consumer and Contract Disputes
SERVICES FOR BUSINESSES
Commercial Litigation and Dispute Resolution
Most businesses will encounter a dispute at some point, but it is vital that you have the support and expertise to be able to overcome these problems and get back to what you do best, focussing on business.
Our Litigation team has over 45 years experience in resolving commercial disputes. We offer clear, practical advice on the options available and the costs involved.
It’s our aim to resolve your dispute as quickly as possible, and our approach recognises commercial realities rather than concentrating purely on the legal issues.
At each stage of the case, we provide you with a breakdown of the work and costs involved to help you budget accordingly.
We can help with:
- Contract Disputes
- Landlord and Tenant
- Debt recovery
- Partnership and Shareholder disputes
- Actions against Directors
- Property Issues.
We also offer a Mediation service, and you can have an accredited Mediator assist with disputes [link to mediation].
SERVICES FOR SOLICITORS
We offer a number of services for other solicitors, including agency work and mediation services.
We accept instructions from Solicitors for agency work. We have the experience and expertise to attend Court, as your agent, when it comes to:
- Allocation Hearings
- Case Management Conferences
- Infant Approval Hearings
- Issuing Proceedings and Applications
We operate in nine offices across Merseyside and are conveniently located to attend:
- Liverpool Civil and Family Courts
- Birkenhead County Court
- Chester Civil Justice Centre
- St Helens County Court
We’re happy to take instruction on the same day as the hearing and offer you same day reporting.
Our accredited mediator can help you with Civil and Commercial Disputes and we can help by offering a number of locations to accommodate multi-party mediation, making things much easier.
We’re here to take the stress and hassle out of your client’s dispute, so even if you can’t attend our offices, we’ll come to you or mediation can be carried out over the telephone.
We arrange everything on your behalf and our Mediation service offers:
- A flexible process tailored to your needs
- Fixed fees for mediation
- ADR accredited
- Total support throughout your mediation
- Assistance in preparing a binding record of your settlement
We recognise that two of the most important questions for our clients are:-
- What are my solicitor’s fees?
- How am I going to pay them?
We often work on a No Win No Fee basis, offering you extra peace of mind.
How our costs are paid and who pays them depends upon the type of work that we are doing for you. When we first advise you that we can help, we will talk to you about your choices. At all times, we’ll be clear about the options you have for funding your claim.
Timescales and Legal Fees – Debt Recovery
How long will it take to recover my money?
How long it takes will depend upon the circumstances as to how the loan/debt came about, this usually means what evidence you have for which we rely on to support your claim, what payments were made, if any, however we can advise that the average process takes between 2 and 3 months providing we do not take the matter to a Small Claims Court.
Should we need to issue Court Proceedings, we find that this process can be between 4 – 6 months, however, this is a usual timescale if the Third Party Defendant defends the claim, meaning they dispute that they owe the money whether it be a loan amount or outstanding money for works carried out.
However, if we issue Court Proceedings and the Defendant does not respond to the Court Papers, we can request Judgment against them by default, this is typically around one month or two.