Family Law & Divorce

Divorce or the breakdown of a relationship can be one of the most traumatic times in our lives. We understand that every individual has their own needs and tailor our service to your personal circumstances to give you clear and concise advice.

We are able to offer Fixed Fee appointments starting from just £150 plus VAT to give you that much needed advice.  We also offer a Fixed Fee Divorce Package at just £500 plus VAT and disbursements.

We’re here to guide you with all aspects involved in the process.  To discuss your enquiry and how we can help you, contact Lotus Kimona on 0151 526 7131 ext. 6006  or Sophie Curd on 0151 526 7131 ext. 6001

Financial Issues

We aim to resolve financial matters resulting from a divorce or dissolution of a civil partnership as amicably and cost effectively as possible. Often, an Application to the court is only necessary if we cannot reach an agreement. We have specialists who can advise on:

  • Your property rights
  • Maintenance for you and your children
  • Pension issues


For the benefit of all concerned, we treat any matters regarding children with the utmost sensitivity to keep stress to a minimum. We encourage negotiation and mediation as a means to settlement.

Should this break down, we can then offer support and representation in Court if necessary.


There is no such thing as a common law marriage, which makes it imperative that you seek advice from expert lawyers when considering living with somebody, in the event that the relationship breaks down.

We can advise you on simple measures to provide you with financial protection. Different laws apply to people who are not married, so it is wise to take advice before you start living together or pool resources.

We can prepare agreements setting out your rights and responsibilities early on in the relationship.

Grandparent’s Rights

Grandparents have a special and important role to play in their Grandchildren’s lives.

If you are experiencing difficulties making arrangements to see your Grandchildren, we can help.

We’ll assist you to address and resolve those issues at mediation, or by adopting a collaborative approach.

Alternatively, we can write to the parents on your behalf to try and come to an agreement, or if necessary, make an Application to the court for an order allowing you to spend time with your Grandchildren.

Change of a Name

We offer a Change of Name service via a Change of Name Deed or what is known as a Statutory Declaration. For more information on our service, please contact us.

Legal Fees

We recognise that two of the most important questions for our clients are:-

  • What are my solicitor’s fees?
  • How am I going to pay them?

How our costs are paid and who pays them depends upon the type of work that we are doing for you. When we first advise you that we can help, we will talk to you about your choices. At all times, we’ll be clear about the likely costs and the methods of payment we offer.

Going through a relationship breakup or dealing with a family situation can be a stressful and confusing time.  You need to know your options.